A 'lost' crime writer - Gladys Mitchell

Are there any fans of Gladys Mitchell out there?

I've just been contacted by Lara Martin who's researching this wonderful, and under-appreciated, writer.

You might recall the series, Mrs Bradley - although we're agreed it was one of the Beeb's most shocking travesties.

I did a wee blog on GM some time ago - http://pamkelt.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/g-is-for-gladys.html.

I'm still a fan. How it came about was quite a fluke.

I came across a boxful of her books at a charity shop in Leamington and had a go at a biography. But Gladys' life was hard to probe - a private, almost secretive woman. Undeterred, I recycled the material and began writing fiction instead. Tomorrow's Anecdote was, in part, inspired by Gladys' quirky style. 


So there you go. The photo above is just part of my collection.

If anyone has any info, do let me know and I'll pass it on to Lara - who's in Iceland, would you believe. Marvellous.


Pamela Kelt

Comments