Spooky eclipse, Warwickshire-style

I’ve been reading about the eclipse, supermoon and vernal equinox for weeks while working on a supernatural mini-book, so this morning found me on my doorstep, coffee in one hand, camera in the other.
 

My husband Rob had the secret device, a sheet of silver foil with a hole in the middle. 


By 9am the light was already dimming. It was more like an autumnal dusk than a bright, spring morning - although the birds were singing madly.


We managed a couple of tiny shots of the moon moving over the sun, then ... the brainwave. Rob fished out the binoculars and a sheet of white paper. Bingo.
The strange double crescents were like goblin eyes ...


It's all rather curious, because I'd planned my quartet of calendrical stories to coincide with the winter solstice, vernal equinox, summer solstice and autumn equinox before I even knew of the momentous celestial event this march.

Spooky.

LAST SPRING
A supernatural story for the vernal equinox
Unearthly goings-on in a very English churchyard. 


 By Pamela Kelt

Comments